Friday, August 10, 2012

Prednisone

Upset. I am on another dose of Prednisone. This is probably my 5-6 dose for this year and my third dose in 3 months.

Upset and scare. More scare than upset. It took a while for the doc to decide whether to prescribe another dosage. But I was sick and none of the the traditional asthma medication helps. It was a hard decision to swallow them again.

The side effects of prednisone plays in my head as I swallow my first 4 pills- brittle bones,diabetes, hypertension, hypokalaemia, susceptibility to infection and thinning of the skin. Its scary. I knew I am getting weaker with each dose but my doc and I were at wit end. We have done everything we could to prevent a relapse. And I knew that the doc is using the right protocol to treat my asthma. But my body is just not responding to it. A relapse every 3 weeks is just not so right.

I told the BF that this is my dosage of prednisone. I am not going to touch this anymore. I rather be sick and be breathless and not run than to touch this again.

I am scare .. really scare that my body is addicted to the drugs.

No more for me.. be sick than be addicted.


No comments:

Post a Comment